If you want to sell your home as quickly as possible and get the full selling price In the Charleston Real Estate Market, you need to take action in staging the home in a way that makes it irresistible to those people who may be interested. Even incorporating a few of these changes from our friends at Premier One, will result in more buyers feeling your home is the perfect fit for them.
1. Take the time to cut the grass, trim the trees, and polish the landscaping so that it looks like the model home of the neighborhood.
2. Give the entire interior of the house a good cleaning. This means hire a professional team to steam clean carpets and scrub tile floors.
3. Invest in a pest control treatment, and show potential buyers that you have a contract in place to keep pests at bay.
4. Invest in a storage unit and get as much of the clutter out of the house so that it looks more roomy to anyone walking inside the home.
5. Let a professional cleaning crew wash both the inside and outside of all the windows. This will increase the curb appeal instantly.
6. Rent a power washer and clean fences, sidewalks, the driveway, gutters, and the roof. Instant curb appeal will allow those potential buyers who drive by the house to associate positive features with your home.
7. Paint where necessary. A $30 can of paint can really go a long way in improving the look of any room in the house.
8. Be prepared to pack up and leave the house if a realtor is bring by a client to show the house. Never stay in the house while buyers are present.
9. Consider leaving behind appliances or furniture to help sweeten the deal with the new buyer.
10. Make any and all repairs so that the buyer does not have anything they can use as a negotiating tool against you when they want to get a lower price on the house.
11. Keep the garage organized and clutter free so buyers can imagine their vehicles parked inside and not in the driveway.
12. Use social media to attract attention to the fact that your house is up for sale. Promote an open house across all social networks.
Once you prepare your home for sale, the hard work is done and all you have to do is to let the realtor do what they do best. If you paid close attention to these details, your home will be sold in no time at all.